YES! Today is the day to start blogging in a different way!
You heard my whining and my apologies and my…”whatevers” about being MIA from my blog, not posting for a long time…bla, bla…
I thought long and hard about this, and here are few “earth-shattering” (NOT!) conclusions I came up with:
1. I LOVE blogs! Love reading them, love writing one!
2. I do feel ALL the time how I have lots to share, to say, to comment, to teach, to inspire…even? (I hope)
3. So – why am I not doing it?? Many reasons probably, but I think my main reason is – I over-think things. I fret about what to write and if it is worth writing and then life takes over (read: time to write is “eaten” by hose chores or silly things or…). Mostly – I over-think things.
4. What is one to do? Quit? NO, definitely NOT. Why not? Because I really, really like blogging! 🙂
So, you probably guessed by now, it is time to – Change! 🙂
Of course that is easier said than done, but I do have some ideas and I also would appreciate your input, of course. Here is what I have in mind:
– I will write blog posts as they come – some short, some longer, some silly, some actually useful…the whole shebang. (is that even a word?) There will be quilts, fabrics, dog-walks, nature photos…
– However – lets not leave everything to chaos! I would love to have some regular features here and that is where I would love your input! Here is what I have in mind so far:
– Beat the Monday blues – color/fabric/idea inspirations – giving a color-scheme, ideas about some fabric group, inspiration from nature or cyber-space, to get you going in the new week
– Tuesday Each-one-teach-one – a short tutorial or a tip about some of the basic quilting/sewing techniques (I teach beginners and other quilting classes for a long time now and love to share many good tips and basic techniques)
– Wednesday WIP (Work In Progress) – this is something going on other blogs too – reporting from my sewing room, what am I working on, etc. – mine would be with occasional tutorial for a whole project, like I did several times before
– Weekend wanderings – anything goes – from quilting tutorials and sewing to traveling logs, cooking, dogs or..who knows! 🙂
Now, I don’t think I will be a super-woman and start ALL of these right away (although ideas are plenty, trust me – time is always my enemy!) but I will do at least one, or two soon – and if you would let me know what you think, what you would love to see or even have a new suggestion, I would be so, so, so grateful!!
Wait, not just grateful – I will have a giveaway too! How is some thread, some fabric and some inspiration (book or magazine), for a reward?
My favorite thread – Aurifil (loved these colors so much, I have duplicate!), some fall-inspiring fabric (1 yard) and fall issue of The Quilter magazine – all for one lucky winner!
So – leave me your vote on above suggestions, or your own suggestion by the end of this week (Sunday, midnight, EST) and I will draw a winner on Monday, November 4th
THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR INPUT!
Wishing you a wonderful end of October week,
PS – in case you are wondering, photos here are of quilts I made quite some time ago and gave my mom. This summer we went back to Serbia to visit and I took some long over-due photos! Look for “Letters from Motherland” blog posts, I will tell you a lot about our trip. 🙂